90g self raising - flour 30g cocoa powder 45g desiccated coconut 60g sugar 140g butter,melted 1 egg, lightly beaten Peppermint filling 185g icing sugar 30g Copha(white vegetable shortening), melted, 2tbsp milk 1/2 tsp peppermint essence Chocolate topping 185g dark chocolate,Chopped 30g copha Method : 1. Preheat oven to 180‘C. Line a lightly greased,18 x 28cm shallow tin with non-stick baking paper,over-hanging two opposite side.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl. Stir inthe coconut and sugar, then add the melted butter and egg and mix well. press firmly into the tin. Bake for 15 minutes, press down with the back of a spoon and leave to cool.
3. To make the peppermint filling, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, Stir in the Copha,milk and peppermint essence. Spread over the base and chill for 5-10 minutes ,or until firm.
4. To make the chocolate topping ,put the chocolate and Copha in a heatproof bowl and stir over a pan of barely simmering water until melted. Spread the chocolate topping over the filling. Refrigerate the slice until hte topping is firm. Cut with a warm knife to give a clean cut.
100g almonds, toasted
1/3 cup c caster sugar
3/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
Chocolate brandy icing:
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tsp rum/brandy
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a lightly greased 16 x 16 cm square baking tray with baking paper, over-hanging two opposite sides.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the butter mixture. Press evenly over the base of the tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm. Leave to cool completely.
3. To make the chocolate brandy icing, put the chocolate and cream into a small pan. Stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is very smooth, being careful not to overheat. Cool slightly, then stir in the brandy or rum.
4. Stir the almonds into the icing, then pour over the cooled pastry base. Refrigerate for several hours or until the topping is firm. The slice is very rich so cut into small pieces to serve.
This slice can be stored in an airtight container but is not suitable for freezing.
也因为圣诞心情爆满，照片也带着浓浓的圣诞色彩。 The Christmas season puts me in the mood to make muffins, so I paid a visit to May Law's blog and picked up this recipe. However, to clear my stock of ingredients, I ended up replacing the pistachio nuts with macadamia nuts. And, with the Christmas mood so infectious, my photos too come with a Christmassy touch.
我说，这满芬就是满分！！！ Coffee has always been my cup of tea. Add to that the lovely combination of chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, I find this an irresistible muffin.
当厨房漂来阵阵咖啡香气，更是叫人幸福洋溢。 The weather lately has been cooling, relaxing and calming one's mind, and the aroma of coffee drifting from the kitchen only serves to make me feel more blissful.
1. 将软化奶油，盐和幼糖以搅拌机打至乳白， 加入云尼拉精和蛋继续搅拌至均匀。 1. Beat the butter,salt and sugar till milky white,add in vanilla essence and egg, continue to beat until well combined.
2. 倒入一半的面粉， 搅拌至均匀。 再把咖啡液，优格和buttermilk加入搅拌均匀。 2. Pour in half of the flour, mix till well combined. Add in the coffee mixture, yogurt and buttermilk.
3. 然后， 再将剩余的面粉， 夏威夷果碎粒和巧可豆加入搅拌至匀即可。 3. Add in the remaining flour, macadamia nuts and chocolate chips,mix well.
4. 舀一些蛋糕糊在预先排列好的纸杯里至8分满， 取一些脆酥粒放在蛋糕糊上， 再撒上一些巧可豆和夏威夷果碎粒。 4. Fill the paper cups to 8 parts full, put some crispy nuts mixture on top then add some extra chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
5. 放入预热170度的烤箱里， 烘烤20分钟即可。 5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes.
可惜你住的远，不然也给你送上一杯，暖暖的咖啡夏威夷满芬。 This Christmassy paper cup came as a gift from an old friend, and I have saved it for use in this festive month. Thank you, my dear friend, although it's a pity you live so far away, or I would've presented you with a freshly baked Macadamia Coffee Muffin filled with Christmas blessings.
1 2/3 cups All-purpose flour/plain flour (200g) 1 tsp Baking soda 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp Salt 2 large Eggs (70g each) 1 1/4 cups Sugar (I used 3/4 cups - 150g) 1/2 cup Vegetable oil (85g) 3 large Very ripe Bananas (300g), coarsely mashed 2 tbsp Natural yogurt 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups Walnuts, toasted and chopped (100g) 3 tbsp chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Butter (9 x 5 x 3 by inch) metal loaf pan, then dust with flour, knocking out excess. (my loaf pan is 13 inch long)
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt into a bowl.
together eggs and sugar in bowl of electric mixer at medium-high speed
until very thick and pale and mixture forms a ribbon when beater is
lifted, about 10 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add oil in a slow
stream, mixing, then mix in bananas, yohurt and vanilla. Remove from
mixer and fold in flour mixture and half of the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips gently
and thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading evenly and sprinkle remaining chopped walnuts on top.
Bake in middle of oven until golden and a skewer comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. (I only baked for 55 minutes).